Monday, April 27, 2015

Feeling Alone After Your Breast Cancer Diagnosis


Feeling Alone After Your Breast Cancer Diagnosis


After you are diagnosed with Breast Cancer life as you know it has forever changed.  Chances are you will be surrounded by tons of family and friends and that will keep your mind busy and off of things temporarily.  But what we all really feel is how alone we are,  you see we can be surrounded by tons of people at the time of diagnosis but the real truth is that we are really all alone.  Because it is in our bodies that the tumor or tumors have taken over and begun what I call the cancer dance.  How does one process all of this with so many things going on around you and inside of you.  Quite difficult to entertain the fact that we have Breast Cancer, don’t you think?  This is how I felt,  surrounded by tons of people and all alone, because the cancer took up residence inside of me!  I write this so you know this is how most of us feel after diagnosis, alone.  This is very normal, do not think you stand alone!  It is now time to gather up everything you have to start the fight of a lifetime.  Entertaining the emptiness you feel after diagnosis is the only way to move forward.  This for me was the beginning of a most difficult journey ladies, one I now know is a lifetime journey.  Follow me while I chronicle my Breast Cancer journey and touch some very difficult subjects that Breast Cancer brings with it.  I will blog situations and feelings, I will blog the bitter truth about all things.  And today’s lesson?  Acknowledge the emptiness you feel at diagnosis time,  sit with it, think about it, talk about it and then pick yourself up because guess what ladies?  There is life after Breast Cancer!  And life is for the living.  

No comments:

Post a Comment