Friday, October 31, 2014

It's The Last Day Of Breast Cancer Awareness Month Where Will You Put Your Pink Thing?

As October is once again ending it's time to put the "Pink Thing" in it's rightful place ... and where would that be you ask?  I don't really know.  You see it was brought to my attention on my Twitter timeline that some people are sick of the "Pink Thing".  I was shocked that someone felt the need to dis something that has forever changed the course of not only my life but the lives of the people I love.  Not to mention the countless women that have lost their life to this horrible disease.  So my question is this where exactly does one put the "Pink Thing" away to when October is done?  Last time I checked this so called "Pink Thing" became a permanent part of my life when I had to cut off my breasts, have chemo, lose my hair and gain 20 pounds.  I didn't even mention the emotional baggage that's now strapped to my back, wheels and all I got the deluxe edition.  I can't speak for anyone but myself but on a personal level I don't think I can put the "Pink Thing" away ... not ever!  I'm learning to live with this "Pink Thing" and I'm getting pretty good at it too!  But your tweet really grabbed my attention because you see I don't have the option of putting the "Pink Thing" away, not ever!  I must tell you that Breast Cancer is a terrible disease that extends far beyond the pink persona that society has put on it.  If I ever figure out where to put my "Pink Thing" I"m going to write another blog and let you know.  I'm going to be giving some serious thought about where to put my "Pink Thing", I promise.  In the meantime I have an idea where you can put the "Pink Thing" that annoys you so much, up your ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment