Monday, April 27, 2015

My Breast Cancer Diagnosis Day

You know it is not good when they tell you after your mammogram to come back in for an ultrasound…and see the doctor.  I can’t tell you the heat wave that went from the top of my head to the bottom of my toes and somewhere in between breathing heavily and hyperventilating  the thought of my children and dying went through my mind just like that!  Amazing how quickly the mind can process so many things at once.  Even  more amazing how your mind can play tricks on you … is this really happening?  I can’t even remember the ride from the hospital to my parents home.  I found myself very quiet and just sitting there listening to everyone talk about my Breast Cancer.  The only other thing I remember was sitting on the couch later in the evening next my girlfriend and my Father and that is it,  amnesia for the rest.  April 2009 forever changed my life, and no I do not remember the exact day… nor do I care to remember.  In between the chemo brain and the amnesia I may leave a few details out but I am good with that because I think it’s my amazing brain protecting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment