Monday, April 27, 2015

My Divine Appointment

There’s nothing that I hate more than my visit to the oncologist so when I forgot my appointment last week it didn’t surprise me one bit.   Subconsciously  I wanted to miss this appointment and miss it I did.  That isn’t the first appointment with my oncologist I’ve “forgotten” about.  I always like to make my appointments on a Monday or a Tuesday so I don’t have to wait for the results over the weekend.  Well,  here we are it’s Friday and I’m going to my oncologist appointment and I’m crabby as all hell.  Little did I know this would be my Divine Appointment for the week. I’ve been stuck in a Breast Cancer pity that was lingering over my head like a nasty black cloud.  Breast Cancer recovery is a series of ups and downs and bad days are a part of it, forever.  As survivors  we have to keep our minds moving forward for greater purpose not only for ourselves but for our families and loved ones. God has always been quick to teach me a lesson and He hasn’t stopped or slowed down since my Breast Cancer diagnosis!  There was good reason I didn’t make my Tuesday appointment … it was because God had one of his Divine Appointments for me.  While waiting to have my blood taken I got to meet an incredibly brave woman named Judy.  Judy is a 15 year cancer survivor and when diagnosed her prognosis wasn’t good. Judy has had a difficult time of it,  you see she has hundreds of tumors over her body from head to toe.  Why do I mention the tumors?  I mention the tumors because Judy doesn’t have the luxury of putting a top on to cover herself up, but I do.  Judy has to put her big girl boots on every single day and live her life in a place where the “beautiful people” rule the world.  When Judy was diagnosed she told her doctor that she wanted to live long enough to dance at her granddaughter’s wedding.   The doctor asked her  how old her granddaughter was, she said two.  Today her granddaughter is 17 years old and Judy is going to dance at her granddaughter’s wedding,  I know this because I felt it in my heart.   Judy is beautiful, she’s a breath of fresh air defying all odds and living life in spite of this horrible terrible disease known as cancer.  Judy is courageous  and a true cancer warrior, a walking example of what we should all strive to be as survivors.  To be honest she’s my hero.  Thank you Judy for opening my eyes.
You’re an inspiration to me.  You’re truly one of the “beautiful people” of this world and I’m so happy I was able to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment