Monday, April 27, 2015

My Breasts Might Not Feel You But My Heart Does!

My Breasts Might Not Feel You But My Heart Does

You might not be prepared to entertain this demon but at some point and time the issue of sex and feeling sexy will have to be addressed,  partner or not.  This is a very difficult subject and to be completely honest from my experience … sex and sexy go hand in hand.  How does a woman have sex and enjoy it if she doesn’t feel sexy?  Let’s take it one step further,  how does a woman feel “sexy enough” to have a beautiful sexual experience when she had to cut off her breasts?  Yep, there you go I put the sex questions out there.  Of course the answer to these questions will be different for every survivor,  however I do have some thoughts on the subject.  Self-Love has everything to do with great sex Breast Cancer or not… if you didn’t love yourself before the Breast Cancer you probably weren’t having great sex.  I know that is not what you want to hear but it is the truth.  I want to remind you this is not an easy experience for your partner either and I want to gently touch on that subject as well.  Not only do you have to work on self-love you have to work on the love between you and your partner.  Everyone deals differently and at different times,  however the way I see it,  you have to love yourself again in order to have great sex with anyone!  Be patient and know that it will take time to accept the changes you are dealing with and it doesn’t happen overnight.  To every partner of a Breast Cancer Survivor I have this to say to you, for you there is pain and loss as well,  however we crave for you to desire our bodies as you once did… and you need to know our breasts might not feel you but our hearts do… Happy Valentine’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment