Monday, April 27, 2015

What Could Possibly Be Worse Than Looking At Yourself Without Your Breasts?

What Could Possibly Be Worse Than Looking At Yourself Without Your Breasts?

For me personally I really had no clue what was about to happen to my life after the Breast Cancer diagnosis.  At this point everyone is supporting me so I know I will make it through this… or will I?  I know a question we ask ourselves all to often … or will I?  Well the answer is yes you will make it though , it will not be without damage.  I promised from day one that I would blog honesty first so if you can’t deal with this blog (and some of you aren’t ready) don’t read any further.  There is nothing, and I mean nothing in the world that prepares you for what you look like when you have a Double Mastectomy… and you ask what could be worse than looking at yourself without your breasts in the mirror?  Well I will tell you what’s worse, having to look at the face of your loved one’s when they see you without your breasts.  Not really sure I can come up with words to describe how black this feeling is.  I would say that it was one of those moments I will never forget for the rest of my life, not really the type of memory you want lurking around in the corner of your mind.  Why did I choose to write this? Because I think when we visit the very dark places of our Breast Cancer journey it frees us to move forward.  We have to somehow make good with this because we now have to walk around without our breasts for the rest of our lives on this earth.  At this time this is all I have to blog on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment