Monday, April 27, 2015

There Are 365 Days In One Year For Everyone

There Are 365 Days In One Year For Everyone …

You know after Breast Cancer your concept of time changes, you have a better understanding of just how important time is, it’s no longer … oh I’ll do that next year, or I’ll visit family next year because for cancer survivors next year is the now, the right here, right now!  To be completely honest the furthest I can look into the future is my next oncologist appointment  …  because passing all of those nasty  tests means yep you get more time.   Now, all of a sudden the concept of one year takes on a whole new meaning don’t you think?   A birthday?  Priceless, ask anyone that walks this earth as a survivor, we’re all very happy to add that year onto our age.  Even more priceless, I got to be here to see my daughter turn 18 this year.  That vacation the one I could push off until next year,  guess what I’m taking it, not next year, this year and that would be Jamaica or Belize … I want to acknowledge that the caregivers and doctors do have a concept of how precious time is they are a captive audience so to speak,  however unless it’s you diagnosed with a life threatening illness the supreme understanding still lies within us, the survivors.  I think God gives Breast Cancer to special women, there is some calling in the universe for us and those around us to learn something, one of those lessons that brings you to the next platform in your life.  I believe each and every survivor has a mission some big some small but all of equal value.  The next time you say I’ll do that next year remember there are 365 days in one year, and not one of them is promised to any of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment