Monday, April 27, 2015

The Ugly Factor

It’s the inevitable … feeling “ugly” after Breast Cancer.  So many things change on our bodies after Breast Cancer most notably the “Breasts”.  It doesn’t matter anything from a lumpectomy to a mastectomy changes the look, shape and feel of the breast.  And when you look different, you feel different, and there it is we are left with a very large roll of unstoppable  unraveling yarn … and before you know it your all tangled up and  your life is nothing like you envisioned … perhaps I should call this the “Breast Factor”.  It’s very easy to lose yourself in this process of accepting your new breasts both visually and mentally and for me personally this is something I still struggle with.  I myself am still working on being okay with my “ugly”.   Some people in my life are okay with my “ugly” … some are not.  I know in my own artist mind ugly and beautiful are closely related, I’m the one that always sees beautiful in ugly,  it’s just part of my nature.    … I think it’s one of  Gods  greatest gifts to me,  to be able to show others beautiful in” ugly”.  I know there’s beautiful in my “ugly” because my heart tells me so but my head … that might need some convincing!

No comments:

Post a Comment